The Department of Municipal Affairs and Transport (DMAT) has developed an integrated strategic plan to handle the parking challenges facing the Emirate. This strategy was planned based on the best international practices and taking the uniqueness of Abu Dhabi in consideration.
Effective Parking for sustainable transport.
Regulate, develop, operate, and maintain a safe, secure, efficient, environment friendly and well integrated parking system that contributes to public transport and serves the public interest.
- Recommend/ implement policy measures that reduce or limit parking demand in a sustainable manner;
- Supply sufficient parking spaces to address existing shortages to meet the current need of residents and businesses;
- End illegal parking and its associated practices to ensure that parking does not negatively affect traffic;
- Maximize the efficient use of the parking supply;
- Supporting sustainable travel mode choice and mobility management initiatives;
- Improve the quality of the public realm.